An Analysis of Sexual and Gender Based Violence at the June 3rd, 2019 Sit-In in Khartoum, Sudan
This report by The Sudanese Rights Group (Huqooq) provides a detailed account of sexual and gender-based violence crimes that took place in-front of the General Military Command Headquarters and in other areas of Khartoum on June 3rd, 2019 and the following days.
This report is based on 58 testimonies proving that:
- 8 women were raped.
- 7 women have experienced other forms of sexual violence.
- 15 women witnessed rape/other violations against others (including a male).
- 11 men witnessed rape/other abuses against others.
- Attempted rape of a man and a woman.
- 3 people who witnessed rape/other forms of sexual violence committed against males.
Subscribe for Latest Updates
Our monthly updates and WhatsApp peer learning group highlight practical analysis, key events, and diverse viewpoints to help us all deliver Better Aid.